Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Orderly

Since my wife has been sick, I've been watching the rotten children all weekend, except for when they're at their grand parents. Thank God for the grand parents.

In four days, the only three things I have done successfully are


  1. Complete stripping the Impreza of usable parts
  2. Get the power to the plasma cutter running
  3. Haven't burnt down the garage.


Considering both my mood and the frustrations, I actually quit when I got the plasma cutter going, so I could say I ended on a high note.

I also realized that I'm gaining access to resources too fast, and its making me stupid. And distracting. So here is my official list of 'things that have to come first.'


1. Copiously document the power cable arrangements in the molex plugs for the double relay
2. Remove all wiring from the engine bay, backing out through rubber grommets, surgically removing from molex.
3. Remove tail light housings and all wiring.
4. Use disc cutter to remove:
  • Air filter mount
  • Unused Diag mount
  • vapor rails
  • cut out as much of the ruined battery tray as possible
  • portion of air vent lip by the VIN
5. Remove ECU and store
6. Spraybomb the engine compartment in gloss white for contrast
7. With occlusions well removed, start mocking up for radiator supports

No comments: